Timeline?

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
Minuteman
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Timeline?

Post by Minuteman »

I've been playing EM off and on for quite a while, but recently jsut picked up both of the latest Arvoch games (Conflict and Alliance). Where do they fit into the Evochron timeline? Does EM happen AFTER both Arvoch games?
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Timeline?

Post by Marvin »

:cool: EM takes place after the Vonari have advanced into territory which threatens the gated systems of Evochron. The war is at a stalemate.
Busch
Captain
Captain

Timeline?

Post by Busch »

Arvoch Conflict is much about the Alliance/Federation War. Arvoch Alliance is more about the tail-end of the Alliance/Fedeartion War, and the rough-shod alliance that was hammered out to combat the Vonari Incurssion into "human" space - the Evochron Quadrant. Legends and Mercs are the contiuing sagas of the war against the Vonari....pretty much. With a lot of other player/pilot opportunities for the "meta-game". (ie: Combat Pilots and Mercenaries and PvP'ers and Miner/Traders and Racers and Clannners...Oh My!) Renegades is sort of a back-story in support of the Rebels finding a new planet/system to call home after the Vonari had obliterated their home-world. (no attribution to another game genre here.) Legends and Mercs both touch a bit upon that in the opening frames when the game(s) spin-up.

This is pretty much off-the-cuff. But if you're interested in more, I think Pilot SeeJay still has a link to Evochron history/chronology/time-line on one or more of his Evochron/Mercenaries web-sites. I know he used to, because I've been there a time or three in the past. :)

[Edited on 12-23-2012 by Busch]
Commander
[SW] Clan Squadron Lead - Retired
Call Sign: Busch
Nemesis
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Timeline?

Post by Nemesis »

How much time is supposed to have passed between Arvoch Conflict and Arvoch Alliance?
There will come a day, when those, who are Vonari, strengthen their claws to join the hunt.
We are Vonari. Ours is the prey, ours is the honor.
Our enemies shall shiver at the sound of our voice, when we take revenge on those who tried to crush us at the dawn of our race.
-Vonarian Warrior-Oath-
SeeJay
Captain
Captain

Timeline?

Post by SeeJay »

\"Nothing is impossible, it only takes a bit longer!\"
\"We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction!\"

http://evochron.junholt.se (Old)
http://www.evochron2.junholt.se (New)
http://mercenary.junholt.se (Map)
http://www.junholt.se/evoschool/index.htm (No spoilers)
-8- Bzzzzzzzzz! -8- -8-
Nemesis
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Timeline?

Post by Nemesis »

I am sorry, it does not...
There will come a day, when those, who are Vonari, strengthen their claws to join the hunt.
Our enemies shall shiver at the sound of our voice, when we take revenge on those who tried to crush us at the dawn of our race.
-Vonarian Warrior-Oath-
Sir Lancelot
Ensign
Ensign

Timeline?

Post by Sir Lancelot »

From post: 159989, Topic: tid=10218, author=Nemesis wrote:I am sorry, it does not...
But, as SJ says, it might have.
Nemesis
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Timeline?

Post by Nemesis »

Yes, but the last point ands during the final mission of AC and the events mentioned above (which span further than 2408) state no information about AA...
-Vonarian Warrior-Oath-
_-Caleb-_
Captain
Captain

Timeline?

Post by _-Caleb-_ »

Arvoch Alliance Mission 5 Briefing:
It's been almost 20 years since our last encounter with the Vonari, so their tactics and technology have likely changed significantly since then.
EDIT: And yes, the timeline need one update :P

:P

[Edited on 3-18-2013 by AdamSelene]
Nemesis
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Timeline?

Post by Nemesis »

There is something that puzzled me. I just watched the AA-trailer and it states something about "before the era of fulcrum drives and jump-gates", but AA is the latest installment of the series and given the available technology it does take place after AC...wich is dated 2402-2408, but fulcrum jump-technology was invented back in 2178. Can someone help me out?
-Vonarian Warrior-Oath-
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Timeline?

Post by DaveK »

a closed space-time mobius loop? :)
Callsign: Incoming
Life is like a sewer... what you get out of it depends on what you put into it. - Bob Newhart
Hell is being in a pure platinum asteroid field... with a diamond mining beam
ImageImage
Nemesis
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Timeline?

Post by Nemesis »

I know, what a mobius-loop is, but what is the closed space-time version?
-Vonarian Warrior-Oath-
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Timeline?

Post by Marvin »

From post: 160366, Topic: tid=10218, author=Nemesis wrote:I know, what a mobius-loop is, but what is the closed space-time version?
This: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Question
Nemesis
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Re: Timeline?

Post by Nemesis »

Sorry for stirring up such an old thread, but the question about the jump-gates and fulcrum-drives has not been answered so far. Can someone help?
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Timeline?

Post by Marvin »

AA explains the beginning of the war with what was then an unknown race: the Vonari. Hyper-drive existed, but not in the form currently used in Legacy ... which dates back at least as far as Mercenary and, before that, Legends.

At one point, it was suspected that the Vonari actually built the jumpgates (despite what you might read in the H2GE) and, from that, mankind reverse-engineered the gate and adopted it to the jump drive. Additionally, like many RL technological advances (we're still not certain how Egypt built those pyramids), the principle behind the jump drive could've been lost and, later on, reinvented.