What have I been missing!?

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Arvoch Alliance.
Austin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Austin »

Wow... AA has impressed me, as well as managed to keep me occupied until the expansion.

Once again, great job Vice! Me as well as many other only look at the EM side of things, and completely overlook the fact that you developed both of these amazing games!
-splosives-
Captain
Captain

Post by -splosives- »

AA is indeed a very nice change compared to EM. I even think it would be cool if some features from AA could be converted to EM to make things interesting.
For example station building with building blocks is a lot more fun than just standing still for a certain amount of time.
Also, Vonari bases on planet vonarion would be cool.
And to be honest, I like the jumpdrive mechanics better than in EM. Even though it would take ages to get anywhere, it also makes the universe feel bigger. Now you can just go from planet to planet in a couple of seconds.
SplosivesCorp: Bringing people closer to destruction.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

From post: 150369, Topic: tid=10058, author=-splosives- wrote:And to be honest, I like the jumpdrive mechanics better than in EM. Even though it would take ages to get anywhere, it also makes the universe feel bigger.
:cool: So did I. But most players are usually in a rush. Especially when it comes to completing contracts to gain territory.
-splosives-
Captain
Captain

Post by -splosives- »

Territory might be the death of this game one day :D.
SplosivesCorp: Bringing people closer to destruction.
Frost N7
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Frost N7 »

On the subject of warp, maybe it could be the "transparent feel" with space speeding by and the destination coming up ahead. Or possible a certain mk of warp that is'nt as effect or more because it does'nt have the sector limit on long distances , balance by taking a few more seconds to get there .

Heh , lel

~[N7]Frost
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

From post: 150984, Topic: tid=10058, author=Frost N7 wrote:On the subject of warp, maybe it could be the "transparent feel" with space speeding by and the destination coming up ahead.
:cool: Which is the only kind of "warp" available in Arvoch Alliance. Nice for guys who enjoy the scenic view and want time to read the newspaper.
Zenith
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Zenith »

Vice,

Any plans to update AA with any of the new graphical features seen in the EM expansion? It's a massive jolt going from the beautiful planets of the expansion, to the old style planets used in AA. I can understand that it's probably a lot of work, but I'm sure a lot of AA players would really appreciate the effort. :)
GearTight
Ensign
Ensign

Post by GearTight »

From post: 150386, Topic: tid=10058, author=Marvin wrote:
From post: 150369, Topic: tid=10058, author=-splosives- wrote:And to be honest, I like the jumpdrive mechanics better than in EM. Even though it would take ages to get anywhere, it also makes the universe feel bigger.
:cool: So did I. But most players are usually in a rush. Especially when it comes to completing contracts to gain territory.
While I found it strange at first, I actually like the warp mechanics in AA more than in EM as well. It just gives you the feeling of really going somewhere, because you can actually see space whizzing past you, which gives it a somewhat Star Wars oder Star Trek-like feel.
However, if there were an AA-style jump drive in EM, it should have increased speed. It takes several seconds to fly about 8 km, which on the universal scale of the game world is just too long to still be enjoyable.
Steam username: ColonelHawk1995
Steam name: Lightning
_-Caleb-_
Captain
Captain

Post by _-Caleb-_ »

From post: 161345, Topic: tid=10058, author=GearTight wrote:
From post: 150386, Topic: tid=10058, author=Marvin wrote:
While I found it strange at first, I actually like the warp mechanics in AA more than in EM as well. It just gives you the feeling of really going somewhere, because you can actually see space whizzing past you, which gives it a somewhat Star Wars oder Star Trek-like feel.
However, if there were an AA-style jump drive in EM, it should have increased speed. It takes several seconds to fly about 8 km, which on the universal scale of the game world is just too long to still be enjoyable.
The velocity in Evochron/Arvoch is MPS (meters per second) and the distance unit is DM (decameter)

Then: One Unit = 1 Decameter = ten meters.
1000 Units = 10 km...

I can fly 1000 units in 2 o 3 secs with IDS X5 or afterburner :)
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

:cool: I still think it's cool. But I don't know if it would work (algorythm-wise) across multiple sectors.