Loading time.

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Darkom
Ensign
Ensign

Loading time.

Post by Darkom »

im not sure its the right place to ask this but is it normal for the game to have long load time?
what i mean is when for example start with tutorial it takes at least a minute before the tutorial starts, even longer when i started the game for the first time.
When it loaded i had like 1-2 fps.

and another question is there a way to disable screen shaking when ur attacked by a pirate or so. in the last tutorial against the drones i almost couldnt fly bc of all the screen shaking going on
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Loading time.

Post by Vice »

Load time and runtime performance are dependent on system performance. So the answer can be either yes or no, depending on the configuration of the system the game is running on. With the specs you posted in the other thread, if that's the system you are running the game on, then I'd guess there is something else on your system holding back the game from performing as normal (1-2 FPS is obviously not normal). Check your other background tasks, especially any related to security and video (ie overlays), the former could inhibit hard drive read/write times (loading) while the latter could impact runtime performance. You can also try alternate detail settings and screen modes to gauge performance changes. If the problem persists, you can follow the steps here and I can look at your system setup for possible causes: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronlegacy/faq.htm#208

If you are shaking around from weapon impacts, you've allowed your ship to be hit too many times so its shields are no longer offering protection and the hull is taking direct impacts. Avoid allowing your shields to reach critical (indicator changes to red) and avoid getting hit as much as possible. If you keep getting hit, you need to fly faster and/or at more indirect angles (use lateral thrusters as needed) to reduce the number of impacts. Fly around fast and wide around your target until you can manage to balance evasion with counter attack. Part of the practice in the training mode involves learning to manage shield arrays to try and prevent any from reaching critical (red) and to avoid getting hit by gunfire in the first place as much as possible. It can be helpful to review those stages (144 and 157 on up) as may be needed (you can advance stages by pressing Enter or return to previous stages by pressing Alt-Enter).
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations