Preload everything

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Darkom
Ensign
Ensign

Preload everything

Post by Darkom »

i saw somewhere that u can preload everything of the game so u dont have to wait or at least get jerky play, if u change some settings in option menu.
now i tried to look for it but i couldnt find it, ne1 can help me with it

ooh and i bought this game today for my BD ;)
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Preload everything

Post by Vice »

It would help further if you could indicate which 'the game' you are referring to. There is no way to 'preload everything' in any SW3DG game. But Evochron Mercenary's planetary terrain system supported loading data files out to the hard drive to try and improve load time while the game is running. However, it may speed things up on your system or it may slow things down, depending on hard drive and system performance. If you are referring to that game, you can give that option ('Planet Rendering' mode) a try in the main Options menu.

If you are referring to Evochron Legacy or Arvoch Alliance (which use a different/newer terrain engine), then the 'Terrain Detail' setting will be the option to use for trying to improve performance. There is no data file pre-loading option with these games due to differences in the newer terrain engine along with the reason(s) outlined in the development page here: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronlegac ... opment.htm Instead, you can use the terrain detail setting to adjust the rate and quantity of loading to try and improve both loading and render performance on your system.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Darkom
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Darkom »

Vice wrote:It would help further if you could indicate which 'the game' you are referring to. There is no way to 'preload everything' in any SW3DG game. But Evochron Mercenary's planetary terrain system supported loading data files out to the hard drive to try and improve load time while the game is running. However, it may speed things up on your system or it may slow things down, depending on hard drive and system performance. If you are referring to that game, you can give that option ('Planet Rendering' mode) a try in the main Options menu.

If you are referring to Evochron Legacy or Arvoch Alliance (which use a different/newer terrain engine), then the 'Terrain Detail' setting will be the option to use for trying to improve performance. There is no data file pre-loading option with these games due to differences in the newer terrain engine along with the reason(s) outlined in the development page here: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronlegac ... opment.htm Instead, you can use the terrain detail setting to adjust the rate and quantity of loading to try and improve both loading and render performance on your system.
aah so that was the only option for the first game then.

btw is legacy a sequal to the first one? or whats the diference between the 2
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Legacy is technically a sequel to Mercenary. Differences between the two are outlined on the development page at the link above and at the official websites for each game (available on the main forum page).
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Darkom
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Darkom »

well have been playing (actualy im still not past the tutorial^^) for awhile and i still cant believe that all this is only made by 1 person ...