Stuck on Transporter quest

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Infi
Ensign
Ensign

Stuck on Transporter quest

Post by Infi »

I am on The Transporter quest leg 22 where I need to build a fuel processor 49000 sub-sectors under the star. I have gone to the quest marker using the rear view map and have built the processor several times with no quest update, I scuttled the processor each time. The Y axis at the quest marker shows -19000, I thought going to -49000 would do it but no luck. I am apparently missing something.

Can I get some advice on what to do.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Stuck on Transporter quest

Post by Marvin »

The distance is measured from the location of the star, not from the center of the sector. -19000 should do it. What was your offset along the X axis? :P
Infi
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Infi »

Spoiler Alert!

Success!!! After your suggestion I located exactly at X: 40000, Y: -19000, X: 0 and the fuel processor triggered the quest progression. Thank you for your help.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

8) No problem. Glad to be of service. ;)
Infi
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Infi »

Ok...I need a hint. I am on leg 148 where I need to find the hypergate in Rigel. I got the latest clue from the data cube ^^0^^ <<~>> -2488 0 -1400 (not sure if the minuses are correct). I know those are coordinates but however I plug them in they just mark the area in the sector I am in, so perhaps I am entering something incorrect.

Next is I am not sure if I am doing a correct search pattern, I have been doing 10 sector jumps starting from the planet where the date cube was, put a note in the nav log on where I jumped, then jump again rinse and repeat making a grid pattern. My question is do I have to jump into the exact sector to discover the hyper gate? If not how close do I need to get before it would show up, also do I need to deploy a sensor station at every jump.

In any case I need to know if this is the correct way so I can tweak my procedure if needed to be more efficient, I have already made an insanely large grid map with no contacts. Any hints would be most appreciated.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

You shouldn't need to search beyond the coordinates noted above. Try looking in the center of the sector.
Infi
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Infi »

Either I have a bugged quest or I am still looking in the wrong place. When you say in the center of the sector, is that the sector with the ringed planet where the data cube gave me the coordinates , or in a different sector. Also will I need to launch a sensor station to find it or will it show up on my radar as a targetable object. I have looked in the sun sector and all around as well. I have turned my quest on and off several times thinking perhaps it would help, if there is suppose to be a quest marker when I get into the correct sector then I am in the wrong place.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

IIRC, the coordinates you listed above are sector coordinates (SX, SY & SZ) ... not in-sector coordinates.
Infi
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Infi »

Using SX, SY, SZ put me in the Iota sector 100 sectors from the gate, when I got there nothing showed up on the sensor beacons or radar other than a few enemy ships. I am missing something probably very obvious, I am going to need another hint.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Warning: Big spoiler for those who understand how the quest engine works! The quests can be found in the main game folder. Instead of being numbered 1 thru 4 (as they are when in-game), they are numbered 0 thru 3. So, first thing you do is find your quest number and then subtract one to get the correct quest. After that, you can open the quest with Notepad.

Or, you can wait until I re-do the quest (now that Vice has made so many cool changes, it will be worth re-doing it).

Otherwise, open the quest. Then check the lines which look something like this (eg.):
QuestStage=1
Find the line which corresponds to your "leg" (148, I think it was). Then check the following lines:
QuestLocSX=-2488
QuestLocSY=0
QuestLocSZ=-1400
Those are the sector coordinates for that part of the quest. Which, according to my notes, should be a flash effect. Why? I don't remember but, when I get to that part of the quest, the reason should come back to me.

Anyway, at the bottom of that Stage you'll see two lines:
QuestNextW=86
QuestNextL=186
You want to pay attention to the first of those two lines. The W stands for win. Note the number: 86 ... which is the follow-on "leg" number. Even though it is actually an earlier stage. Ergo, you will need to cursor up to find it.

Notice that the coordinates at that stage are the same as for stage 148 ... in the center of the sector. Where you should find an object that looks a lot like a jumgate. Only this one should have an image displayed inside. Get close to it. If you've forgotten what you should be doing at that point in the game, look at the stage, one above (stage 85), for the answer. Hint: "Scanning" means to launch another buoy.

If none of this works, then you should probably send Vice a copy of your profile so he can pass it along to me for testing. Otherwise, you'll need to wait until I get to stage 148 myself. Keep in mind that pilot profiles use the same numbering system as the quests.
Infi
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Infi »

Or, you can wait until I re-do the quest (now that Vice has made so many cool changes, it will be worth re-doing it).

I went back out to the indicated sector and did at last find the hypergate and got the quest update. I guess I was not exactly at the center of the sector the first time which was my mistake. I very much appreciate your helping me out.

Now on the changes you mentioned, as I started this game on 10-1-17 am I questing on the new changes already or are they new since then. If they are new since I started how would I restart the quest lines.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

I don't think any of the changes affect the quests. The upgrades are (and others will be) graphic in nature. ;)