[EL] Any Mods with Capital Ship Play Yet?

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
dbs
Ensign
Ensign

[EL] Any Mods with Capital Ship Play Yet?

Post by dbs »

Hi there, I was thinking about picking this game up for myself and a few friends. We play a lot of Freelancer Discovery, and we like being able to save up and get capital ships/player owned bases, etc. I was wondering if there was any news that anyone had about any similar Discovery mods for Evochron Legacy that would give the same capability.. at the very least being able to save up enough credits and purchase a carrier or battleship, deck it out with cap ship level loadout... and so on.

If not, I guess I'm wondering if its possible to at least fly destroyers or frigates in the game (anything larger than a corvette) or if any currently released mod provides at least that level of larger ship. That at least would give us something to shoot for. Thanks for any feedback!
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Any Mods with Capital Ship Play Yet?

Post by Vice »

While there could be possible mods developed to emulate piloting capital ships visually in the game for appearance only, there aren't options to fundamentally change the core rules of the game to facilitate operational functions of capital ships in the game. The game is inherently designed to be a small/medium spacecraft simulation exclusively. So a different game would likely be better fit for what you are looking for.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
dbs
Ensign
Ensign

Re: [EL] Any Mods with Capital Ship Play Yet?

Post by dbs »

Thanks for the quick feedback! Still looks pretty interesting, I'll definitely be checking YouTube videos and whatnot, thanks again!