[EL 1.0718] Losing cargo while picking it up

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Artanis5
Ensign
Ensign

[EL 1.0718] Losing cargo while picking it up

Post by Artanis5 »

Hello,
I have a problem that has been bothering me for while (but maybe its a feature i dont know).
Basically when im picking up floating cargo (the white one) that has more than one stack, so usually from mining probes, i beam only some of it and the rest is gone.
I have been playing with it a bit and it doesnt seem relevant if i have enough cargo space or not. In both cases i end up with only small portion of said cargo and the rest even if it could have easily fitted into others cargo bays is gone.

here is pictures of how it goes:
http://imgur.com/a/NEd0L

And one little thing (i know this isnt the right place im sorry). Is it possible to unstack a material from one stack to two stacks ? Lets say i have three cargo bays, two empty, one has 25 metal ore. Is there a way to make 15 in one bay and 10 in another without requiring more metal ore ?
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [EL 1.0718] Losing cargo while picking it up

Post by Vice »

I have a problem that has been bothering me for while (but maybe its a feature i dont know).
Basically when im picking up floating cargo (the white one) that has more than one stack, so usually from mining probes, i beam only some of it and the rest is gone.
I have been playing with it a bit and it doesnt seem relevant if i have enough cargo space or not. In both cases i end up with only small portion of said cargo and the rest even if it could have easily fitted into others cargo bays is gone.
Hello and welcome. That doesn't sound like normal operation, if you have the cargo space. If you don't have the cargo space, then excess can be discarded by the system. But if you do have the cargo space, then it should all arrive in your cargo bay. So if the latter is what isn't working as expected, please send me the save game you are using attached to an e-mail and saved in the sector where you are using the mining probe so I can try to duplicate it. You will also generally want to always have at least 5 cargo bays available when using mining probes to avoid not being able to retrieve recovered material.
And one little thing (i know this isnt the right place im sorry). Is it possible to unstack a material from one stack to two stacks ? Lets say i have three cargo bays, two empty, one has 25 metal ore. Is there a way to make 15 in one bay and 10 in another without requiring more metal ore ?
Not really, unless you prime a bay with 1 unit of whatever you want to split up. Otherwise, the mechanism is designed around always consolidating since that's the direction things generally always need to go for various gameplay operations. There is also even now a consolidate button option in station hangars to facilitate this mechanism outside of the ship. So you shouldn't need to 'unstack' a cargo bay of items since you can aways sell off individual units at a time whenever you want to sell something. It's better and more efficient to consolidate everything to keep them grouped by common type (which also helps when retrieving material as described in your previous paragraph, so that you lower the chance of losing material).
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations