Targeting floating cargo containers

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
redviking
Ensign
Ensign

Targeting floating cargo containers

Post by redviking »

I can't seem to cycle between containers after a fight. I want to scan them, but it seems I have to target them first. I'm a bit embarrassed to ask, as I've played this for hours in legend and mercenary, but even looking through and trying the different keyboard settings hasn't given the answer. I tried "target object in gunsight" and "target nearest object" but either a station nearby or ship will be targeted instead, so my cargo scanner won't tell me what's in the box just 100+ meters in front of me. Help please :D
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Targeting floating cargo containers

Post by Vice »

Ultra small cargo containers (the kind that hold individual cargo bays of items on a ship) are unable to be targeted by the ship tracking system. But you can still scan them with a cargo scanner (just as you can when they are on a ship). And you can do so without even having to target the container.

Simply fly within range of the cargo scanner you have installed. The cargo scanner will scan the closest container and project the details on your helmet's visor. And you don't even have to do anything else, so no targeting nor target cycling is necessary. Here is a screenshot of one such ship cargo bay container being scanned by a C1 cargo scanner. And the scan details are highlighted by a green box to show you where they are projected on the helmet visor:

StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
redviking
Ensign
Ensign

Post by redviking »

Oh thanks, Vice. I thought it was supposed to be on the HUD but didn't notice it.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Terrain Walkers have the same capability.