EL cant recover lost stuff mission

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Major Grubert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

EL cant recover lost stuff mission

Post by Major Grubert »

Hi all,
I finally get into EL today
started slowly to fly again in evoverse with a cheap ship..
wanna make some cash with an easy mission for a start, ok, go search lost packet, go to waypoint

waypoint inside water, cant get it, cant take another mission

restart game, try again, same but inside land

do i do something wrong ? do i have to restart the game each time it's happening ?

very frustrating after all this time... :-/
AcePalarum
Ensign
Ensign

Re: EL cant recover lost stuff mission

Post by AcePalarum »

Major Grubert wrote: cant take another mission
On the Inventory console, you can view your current contract. At the bottom is a Cancel Contract button that will get you out of the contract and allow you to take a new one. Or, just jump out of the sector to auto-fail the contract, which will also clear your way to take a new one.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Be sure to face the container. Even if it seems out of reach, your beam can reach a pretty long distance to recover a -lost- container.

Also remember that the waypoint won't just point you to the exact location. The container is 'lost' after all. As the contract instructions suggest, you must search the area for it until you locate its position (purple blip on the radar). Once you locate it, you can then fly up to it for retrieval.

For one example, see the image below. For this contract, the waypoint was about 7000 meters away from where the container was located. You can see the nav marker left behind where the waypoint was, 7090 range indicated. Then you can also see the container that I was able to find on the surface of the terrain highlighted by a green box. I've also highlighted the purple blip indicating the direction of the lost container on the radar with a green box. Once you locate it, simply fly up to it, keep it on screen, then use the tractor beam to retrieve it.

StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

I find that the radar overhead view works best when hunting for lost containers on a planet ... less clutter. As for doing the "lost container" contract on a water planet, you really need at least two cargo bays ... due to the fact you're likely to tractor water until you get the beam directly over the container. It also helps to target the container ... something you can do while at a short distance away, making it easier to see and to position for tractoring. And, finally, I don't suggest doing a TW-type "lost container" contract on a water planet ... unless you like long walks.
Major Grubert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Major Grubert »

ok, thanks for answers

i now from EM about waypoint and so on...

but i found out another way to make some start cash :)
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

Stranded ships usually pay big for a few units of needed gas. And planets pay big time if you can successfully intercept a flurry of inbound asteroids. And then there's planetside combat, which pays 25 percent extra compared to the same type of contract when done it space.
Major Grubert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Major Grubert »

:)

I collect diamonds, it's damn good cash

gonna start upgrade the ship and then go for explore, and doin my mapping hobby :)
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Marvin »

??? The stock market is dynamic. It changes from sector to sector and even within a sector. If the price of diamonds drops after you've sold your first few loads, then either look to sell elsewhere or start mining other metals. Peruse the System Information, Regional News of the News/Information section of the Inventory menu or the Econ/Tech section of the Quadrant map.