EL - Inertial Forward on in Inertial Mode

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Audiyon
Ensign
Ensign

EL - Inertial Forward on in Inertial Mode

Post by Audiyon »

When I switch to Inertial Mode, the Inertial Forward thrust goes to 100% forward without any buttons being pressed. I only had the "." bound to Inertial Forward and wasn't pressing it, but I went and unbound that keybind and the one for Inertial Reverse as well, but it still uses full Inertial Forward when in Inertial Mode. I cannot figure out why it is doing this. I am running the Steam version and using a Saitek X-52 Pro HOTAS with no head tracking on Windows 10 Pro, i7-3770k, EVGA 980 GTX, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, ASUS P8Z77-V LK motherboard. No other gamepads or joysticks are connected.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [EL 1.0528] Inertial Forward on in Inertial Mode

Post by Vice »

You've likely mapped inertial forward/reverse to the same axis as your throttle control or you've mapped it to a different axis that is set to max input. Simply clear the axis mapping to no longer use an axis control while in inertial (click on the axis indicator, then click on 'No Axis Control').
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
durielk
Ensign
Ensign

Re: [EL 1.0528] Inertial Forward on in Inertial Mode

Post by durielk »

Did you check where your throttle is positioned on the joystick? I use the #'s to control the throttle, sometimes my joystick throttle gets bumped and I need to turn it off. Or you may want to reverse it's axis.