Simulation Options

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
DORN
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Simulation Options

Post by DORN »

Hi Vice,

I have been reading the game instructions but I just can't seem to wrap my head around what the Simulation Options mean.

"The simulation options let you select which elements you want the game to adjust regional values for during single player gameplay"

Can you talk about this some more please?

What are regional values and what does it mean that they are adjusted and.....?

Thanks
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Simulation Options

Post by Marvin »

Vice will probably elucidate but, in general, each option either lets you control the outcome of the struggle between ALC and FDN, as one side tries to take control of the universe, by yourself (meaning, only you control the outcome) ... or it lets the AI participate in the take-over.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Simulation Options

Post by Vice »

Regions are large sections of space, 500X500 sector blocks of it to be exact. Both the territory control grid and the economy level grid are divided in this way. You can view the current territory or economy grid in this 500X500 sector block layout by activating the quadrant map, then clicking on either the 'Territory' or 'Econ/Tech' button. Each 500X500 section of space will be displayed with a color - green, yellow, or red, depending on that region's level. You can hold the mouse pointer over a region to display more specific details about it.

The simulation options enable random activities that will effect those values over time as you play. So if you want only your actions to effect changes to these levels, disable what you don't want the game to simulate changes for. If you want the game to simulate changes (ie random trade activities resulting in economy changes and/or random battle results that change territory control), then enable the options you want the game to simulate changes for.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations