replacing star fields problem

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
Marvin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: replacing star fields problem

Post by Marvin »

Yeah, I find that NASA has some fairly nifty shots. And Vice's little Cube Map Utility does a great job of pasting them into a skybox.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Just as a heads-up for this line of discussion, in the 1.0518 update, the filenames for the starfield background will now need to be 'starsback-#[detail].png' with a dash in the filename. This aligns them with the DDS texture filename options so everything is consistent. So if/when your background starfield returns to default images, this is why and you can simply update your filenames to include a dash.

I'll move this thread over to the customizing section shortly since it relates to and may be helpful there.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
DORN
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DORN »

PS: Just for general information, I have also tried the Space Engine Starfield and Nebulae v2 and Milky Way that is downloadable on Seejay's website, and added to an environment folder in combination with a totally black skybox set of 1 through 4 . I really like this setup a lot. I even like the results better than my own starfield version. The stars are perfect. The Milky way is nice, The garish nebulae are gone, but away out in the distance one can see very small galaxies and far, far away nebulae. it is a great combination. Great sense of immersion and being out there in space.