unable to go into cryo mode

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
robberer
Ensign
Ensign

unable to go into cryo mode

Post by robberer »

Hi Evochronians,

i don't know exactly since when this happened but i cannot go into cryo mode in space anymore.

I have 0 thrust, it doesn't matter if i'm in deep sapce or around a planet. It doesn't work.

System always complain with "unable to save, must be stationary to engage cryo mod in open space"

Any ideas ? Screenshot provided as link:

http://imgur.com/a/zSMFv
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: unable to go into cryo mode

Post by Vice »

Things look good in that screenshot for an open space save. There may be a very slight drift somehow from a control. Check the axis mappings to see if one or more of the signals is not properly centered when you center the device inputs. Then widen the deadzone on that/those axis as may be needed.

Another step to watch for is to give your ship a little more time to remove any remaining slow drift before attempting to save. Once you drop all speed to 0, give your ship an extra 5 seconds to come to a fully complete stop. This can be especially true if you've upgraded your ship recently and it's larger/heavier, thus taking more time to come to a full stop.
StarWraith 3D Games
www.starwraith.com | www.spacecombat.org
3D Space Flight and Combat Simulations
robberer
Ensign
Ensign

Post by robberer »

These are my Axis settings:

http://imgur.com/a/NG3UO

Note that throttle is actually 0 and energy control is set to +5 weapons.

Axis 6 is throttle too at 0. Hotas Warthog has two throttle levers and they are bound together in my physical hardware config.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Should be OK then. Another step you can try is hold the backspace key for 3-5 seconds, then while still holding backspace down, press the space bar to turn off the IDS. Then release backspace and try to save again. If that works, then there was likely residual throttle input being applied.
StarWraith 3D Games
robberer
Ensign
Ensign

Post by robberer »

Vice wrote:Should be OK then. Another step you can try is hold the backspace key for 3-5 seconds, then while still holding backspace down, press the space bar to turn off the IDS. Then release backspace and try to save again. If that works, then there was likely residual throttle I put being applied.
Indeed, this way it's working. I pressed and hold backspace, while still holding i pressed ESC and selected "save" and cryo mode was engaged.

Before that I tried to set a deadzone for my throttle without success.
Vice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Vice »

Ok, that's a good sign. It indicates that something is applying some form of forward input signal, even if extremely slight. In the meantime until/if it can be sorted, you can use that technique to lock down any velocity to absolute 0 for an open space cryo-save.
StarWraith 3D Games