Build for an explorer?

Tips, tactics, and general discussion for Evochron Legacy.
StarHunter32000
Ensign
Ensign

Build for an explorer?

Post by StarHunter32000 »

Hey guys. I chose "Explorer" as my starting role, because that's basically what I want to do - find new planets and cool stuff. On the side, I want to trade to support myself. And I like racing. I love racing, even though I suck at it. So, when I build up enough money, what frames and parts should I be aiming for?
DaveK
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Build for an explorer?

Post by DaveK »

Every pilot comes up with their own idea of 'best' and I'm sure that you will too! However, if you want to explore - ie outside the gated systems - then you'll need to carry lots of fuel, a fuel convertor (usable near a star or in a nebula cloud). You can always deploy a fuel convertor if you are carrying a deploy constructor, or build a Command Module. A frame with maximum equipment slots, a Mantis drive, target (not cargo) scanner, a build and deploy constructor. Focus on fuel and the ability to build/deploy things so you don't get stranded in the middle of nowhere.

Racing is as much technique as the killer racing rig. But if your heart really is in racing then it might be worth having a dedicated ship to use in your down time when you're not out exploring - there aren't many racing opportunities in non gated space. ;)

Doing one or two quests is a great way of having fun, getting some hard to get equipment, learning the art of finding things, seeing some off the track places and finding out what's your preferred playing style is.

And I'm sure every other pilot who offers advice here will offer a different slant on the details :))

:)
SolarWarden
Lieutenant Jr. Grade
Lieutenant Jr. Grade

Post by SolarWarden »

If you're going to be an explorer, two words: Jump Casters. Learn how to build and use those puppies. They are gold. And everything the wise DaveK said.
StarHunter32000
Ensign
Ensign

Post by StarHunter32000 »

Thanks guys!